Forward Financing is a fast-growing company in the alternative small business financing industry based in Boston's Financial District. As a matter of fact, the Boston Business Journal just named us the second fastest growing private company in Massachusetts over the last three years.
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer who will be responsible for successful research, design, adoption and utilization of our web based product offerings.
This position will require strong experience in interface usability and ergonomics as well as wireframe and prototype development to deliver responsive mobile and browser-based user interfaces. The Senior UX/UI Designer will work closely with the product development teams in an agile environment to understand requirements, conduct UX surveys with customers, prepare and demonstrate high fidelity storyboard and interface prototypes, and work with the development teams through to UX testing with customers and release. As this candidate will be our first design related hire, communication skills are important. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to grow with a company. You will be empowered to help build, train, mentor and grow a team of designers, wireframers and architects as Forward Financing continues to expand.
Main Responsibilities Of The Job
· User Experience and User Interface design
· Work with customers on UX surveys and testing
· Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Managers to ensure understanding of business requirements
· Define a standard user experience that captures the look-and-feel and the navigation model across teams
· Define efficient workflows across all services
· Stay current on UX industry standards and design paradigms and identify ways to implement them in our product set
· Develop detailed wireframes, user flows, storyboards, mockups, and other product deliverables to effectively communicate designs and product requirements
· Regularly inform senior management on progress of project, identifying risks early in the process
· Demonstrate self-directed and proactive approach to tackling problems and leveraging resources
· Create engaging, easy-to-use design solutions that address complex business and user needs for both Web and mobile platforms.
· Lead or participate in product discovery, including users research and design prototype validation
· 5+ years of progressively responsible experience
· 5+ years professional experience doing product discovery, wireframing, visuals and designing experiences
· Portfolio demonstrating both UX and visual design across mobile and desktop products; deep knowledge of design principles like layout, typography, and color should be apparent
· Experience in delivering comprehensive end-to-end workflow solutions to capture complex business processes, preferably in the financial services industry, but not required
· Experience with design and rapid prototype tools such as Adobe, iRise, Visio, Sketch, photoshop and InVision
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
· Hands-on experience with user research methodologies and usability testing
Forward Financing was founded in 2012, we strive to provide small business owners the financial access they need to capitalize and expand on their businesses with ease of mind. With a proven business model, and led by an experienced executive team, we've funded more than 3,000 small businesses with working capital.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and life insurance. We also offer 401K match and reimburse gym membership. You will have the opportunity to work with people who enjoy a fun, social culture.