Forward Financing is looking for a full-time Product Manager to join our exciting and high performing Boston-based technology team. This is a terrific opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join one of the fastest growing companies in the US.
Forward Financing, based in Boston's Financial District, provides working capital to small businesses throughout the US. The Boston Business Journal just named us the second fastest growing private company in Massachusetts. Founded in 2012, we provide small business owners the financial access they need to capitalize and expand their business. With a proven business model, and led by an experienced executive team, we've funded more than 3,000 small businesses with working capital.
- Serve as the voice of customer and product users
- Serve as product expert; provide support to internal product users
- Own and prioritize project backlog including sprint planning
- Create and document product requirements and specifications
- Define product features and functions, and work closely with stakeholders on product design
- Work directly with the engineering team to define, build, and maintain products
- Present product ideas and user interface designs to users to garner feedback
- Conduct design reviews of use cases and user interface designs with Development, QA, and stakeholders
- Participate in scheduling, coordinating and planning product development releases with engineers and stakeholders
- Work closely with engineers to prioritize and resolve issues throughout the development lifecycle and QA process
- Provide regular status updates on the product release efforts with upper management
- Research competitive solutions, comparing and contrasting with current initiatives and future projects
- Lead demos, presentations, and monthly
Skills And Requirements
- 2-5 years previous work experience (business or project management experience preferred but not required)
- Proven track record in project management preferred
- Basic knowledge of financial concepts preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once while maintaining attention to detail and achieving quality outcomes
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously with minimal direction and supervision
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and life insurance. We also offer 401K match and reimburse gym membership. You will have the opportunity to work with people who enjoy a fun, social culture.