We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated People and Culture Manager to join the Forward Financing team. The People and Culture Manager is an integral part of the leadership team, providing guidance and support to the co-founders and team leads. The People and Culture Manager is directly responsible for the full range of HR functional areas and for overseeing office administration. This is a unique opportunity to join a company that has the stability of a big business but the heart and soul of a start-up.
In this Role you will:
- Develop and implement an HR vision for our company.
- Manage full range of HR functional areas, including but not limited to: talent acquisition, onboarding, compensation, performance management, assessment and retention.
- Play a critical role in the organization by effectively establishing and nurturing relationships with all employees.
- Direct Office Administrator in day to day responsibilities and office wide projects and events.
- Act as the champion of our company culture and ensure we hire, manage and develop staff in line with it.
- Provide consistent support and guidance to leadership and employees -- answering employee and manager questions about HR initiatives, policies, benefits and HR-related items.
- Primary point of contact for talent acquisition lifecycle including development of job postings, screening resumes, phone screening candidates, managing in-person interviews, advising hiring managers on job offers and extending offers to candidates.
- Bolster and manage our onboarding and exit processes to ensure they are consistent, executed smoothly, and legally compliant.
- Manage the performance management lifecycle including, but not limited to, employee feedback, management evaluations and career progression.
- Develop and manage compensation guidelines and process.
- Partner with Corporate Counsel on employee legal matters including agreements and company policies.
- Implement, update, and manage HR processes that are consistent with our culture, keep us compliant, and help our employees feel supported.
- Manage the planning of office-wide events: month ends, team building, company outings and parties.
- Oversee the management of our office space.
- Ensure the consistency and accuracy of employee data.
- Actively participate on the company’s Culture Committee.
- Requires extensive periods of sitting and viewing on a computer screen.
- Requires walking through the office, including stairs, for meetings and other company needs, often and throughout the workday.
- May be required to lift, carry, or move up to 25 pounds.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
About You: We value people who are hard-working and smart. You need to be the kind of switched-on self-starter who can handle a broad variety of tasks efficiently, accurately and positively. In addition we would like to see:
- 6-8 years proven success in Human Resources; 2+ years as an HR Manager/Business Partner in a standalone, fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Human Resource Management or related field a plus).
- 2+ years experience recruiting and working with recruiters.
- Skilled people person, with a mix of intuition, empathy and credibility that helps you to engage with staff at all levels and provide counsel and conflict resolution.
- Positive attitude and willingness to take on multiple projects at once.
- Experience using social media to support talent acquisition and promotion of company brand.
- Strong knowledge of local labor laws and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in employee conflict resolution.
- Strong organizational skills with effective prioritization; good deadline management and ability to work independently.
- Ability to problem solve -- to think out of the box and on your feet.
- Proven experience creating and implementing training programs.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Google suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Start-up experience strongly preferred.
- Professional level HR industry certification a plus.
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds all of our employees succeed, too. We offer an aggressive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up very quickly.
Forward Financing is a fast-growing company in the alternative small business financing industry based in Boston's Financial District. As a matter of fact, the Boston Business Journal just named us the 2nd fastest growing private company in Massachusetts over the last three years. Founded in 2012, we strive to provide small business owners the financial access they need to capitalize and expand on their businesses with ease of mind. With a proven business model, and led by an experienced executive team, we've funded over 3,000 small businesses with working capital.
We work in an open loft space with a start-up vibe. We are just off the Boston Common and are two blocks from all major "T" lines. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including: health, dental, vision, STD, LTD and life insurance. We also offer commuting benefits, 401K match and reimburse gym membership. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture. Learn more about Forward Financing at www.forwardfinancing.com.